There’s always tons to do in this city…if you know where to look. Here’s my top five things to do this week:
- Saint Louis Football Club takes on Oklahoma City Energy Wednesday night at the World Wide Technology Soccer Park. The game starts at 7:00 p.m.
- Handlebar in the Grove is throwing themselves a 6th Handelbirthday Party – Superhero Edition on Thursday, September 1st.
- Roland Johnson impressed me at his Sofar show last Saturday – on Friday, he and The Provels play Off Broadway. Tickets are $10 and the show starts at 7:00 p.m.
- Venture Cafe is always a good way to spend a Thursday evening. From 3:00 – 8:00 p.m. serendipitous collisions happen at the Cortex networking event. No need to be part of the innovation community to participate – an interest in meeting new people is all that is required. Plus, free 3 free drinks.
- Ferguson’s Fault Lines Panel discussion moderated by Tim Lloyd of St. Louis Public Radio that includes:
- Kimberly Norwood, Professor of Law, Washington University School of Law
- Thomas Harvey, Executive Director and Co-founder, ArchCity Defenders
- Dr. Vetta Sanders Thompson, Professor, Brown School at Washington University
- Brendan Roediger, Professor of Law, Saint Louis University School of Law
- Dr. Jason Purnell, Assistant Professor, Brown School at Washington University
- Kathy Goldwasser. Professor (retired), Washington University School of Law
The event is free but registration is required. The panel starts at 530 p.m.
Roland Johnson at a Sofar show on Saturday.