It’s September, the weather is looking great, and here’s my top 5 things to do in St. Louis this week:
- NOLA Swing Night at HandleBar, every Tuesday night 8 PM – 12 AM join HandleBar for swingin’ tunes and sounds of New Orleans that will make you want to dance the night away with DJ Jenna Applegarth. No partner and no experience required – there’s a free lesson at 8 p.m. Plus, Happy Hour all Tuesday means $1 off drafts and cocktails and a NOLA Swing Night drink special.
- Throwback at the Thaxton – The Thaxton Speakeasy will be keeping the party vibe going with another throwback event. Come down for your favorite 80s/90s tunes, some classic movies, moonshine, great people, and lots of dancing!
- On Wednesday, September 7th, Sofar Sounds artist Dagmar returns to St. Louis for a live studio recording session at The Gaslight with local indie-folk duo, The Leonas $10 in advance / at the door – Doors @ 7pm, Show @ 8pm.
- Follies at The Rep – Stephen Sondheim’s musical saluting the world of show business kicks off the Rep’s 50th season. Past and present collide as memories spring to life when the former stars of the Weismann Follies gather one last time to relive their faded glories. Filled with an exuberant score and poignant observations of love and memory, it’s an unforgettable musical experience. The show will run from September 7 – October 2, 2016.
- Outside In: Paint For Peace Exhibit – Showcasing the power of the arts, COCA presents a selection of the murals painted on the boarded-up storefronts by amateur and professional artists in the days and weeks following the 2014 protests in Ferguson, MO. For more check out the piece HEC-TV Scope produced on the exhibit. It’s held at several different locations: The Millstone Gallery at COCA (AUG 27–OCT 30), Gallery 210 at the University of Missouri-St. Louis (AUG 27–OCT 30), Missouri History Museum (AUG 27–OCT 30), Vaughn Cultural Center (SEP 2–NOV 4), Ferguson Youth Initiative (SEP 2–OCT 30) The Sheldon Art Galleries (OCT 7–NOV 19)