There’s a lot going on this weekend in the Lou, but here’s my top five for September 10th and 11th.
- The St. Louis Art Fair – head to Clayton for the one of the best art fairs in the country, head to Clayton for the annual St. Louis Art Fair. This three day exhibition of visual and performing arts features work from 181 nationally recognized artists. About a third of the artists this year have never displayed in the fair before and another third have not shown their work here for several years. In addition, this year The Saint Louis Art Fair will feature expanded family events (including a buzzword tower) and a United Kingdom performance group roaming the fairgrounds sharing their UK humor with patrons. You can find more about the artists through HEC-TV’s Meet The Artists series.
- The 2016 LouFest lineup includes LCD Soundsystem, Chris Stapleton, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Band of Horses, Big Gigantic, The Kills, Buddy Guy, Shakey Graves. This year’s locally-produced festival, now in its seventh year, looks to bring the Lou back to LouFest with a larger LouKidz area, an enhanced Nosh Pit featuring the region’s top chefs, and expanded beer tasting experiences.
- Regularly scheduled non-competitive running tours on Saturday & Sundays at 8:00 a.m. (weekday tours scheduled as well). The 3.5 mile guided running tour taking you past, over, under & through some of the most important historic sites in the region. The tour costs about $25.
- Arts & Faith St. Louis, a collaboration of St. Louis arts and faith leaders will be hosing its sixth annual 9/11 Interfaith Commemoration in Music. This year is the 15th anniversary of 9/11 and the theme of “youth,” looks forward to a more harmonious St. Louis. One of the largest commemorations of 9/11 in the nation, the free concert will be held at 5:30 pm on September 11, 2016 at the Sheldon Concert Hall, 3648 Washington. The concert brings together people of all faiths and ethnicities, encourages respect and understanding, and bridges divides through a shared musical arts experience, with the goal of promoting a more harmonious St. Louis.
- The Carondelet Business Association will be hosting the 11th Annual Carondelet Car Show at South St. Louis Square park on September 10th. The show is still accepting cars and trophies for 12 classes of cars will be given out. 50/50 raffles will also be available all day, proceeds benefiting the St. Louis Police Department, St. Louis Fire Department and community Adopt-a-Family efforts. There will be music by DJ Bill for the 11th year in a row and BBQ and drinks will be available for purchase. A parade will be held before the car show starting at Bellerive Park at 9:30.