It’s MetroQuest weekend! The flagship event of St. Louis Public Radio’s young friends group – Generation Listen STL – is the thing to do this weekend, but if you missed the registration deadline I’ll give you some other options….
- Grab your team and hop on the bus with Generation Listen STL, the young friends of St. Louis Public Radio. This year’s MetroQuest will take you through the Central West End and the Loop on a scavenger hunt, pub crawl, and trivia competition to test your knowledge of this city. All participants receive a MetroQuest t-shirt, MetroLink day pass, course map, MetroLink schedule, a wristband granting access to food and drink specials at course venues, and one free drink voucher. MetroQuest is a rain or shine event.
- Founded in 1973, The Great Forest Park Balloon Race is celebrating its 44th year. It all begins with the Balloon Glow on Friday night. Then, crowds return to Forest Park the following day for the big race. Along with the balloon races, the event also features pony rides, local musical entertainment and concessions.
- FarmScape at St. Louis Ballpark Village, hosted by the Missouri Department of Agriculture, will once again be held in St. Louis, bringing a little bit of the farm back to the city. This free event will showcase livestock, farm equipment, a Missouri Grown farmers’ market and more. Enjoy great Missouri foods and beverages and youth events such as the corn bin with toy tractors, face painting, and live entertainment.
- #HOPintheCity returns to celebrate its 18th year! Get ready for 40+ of the finest handcrafted Schlafly beers, tasty food and an impressive live music lineup to match. Tickets are on sale and only available online. TASTING TICKET: ($30): Includes unlimited beer samples during the tasting session from 1-5PM and full access to festival grounds including live music, food and more beer. LOT TICKET: ($15): Includes enjoyment of music lineup, food/beer for purchase and access to festival grounds. For more information visit: http://schlafly.com/HOP
- St. Louis Swap Meet’s Riverfront Marketplace takes place on the Arch grounds every third weekend July-October from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Buy cool stuff; sell the things you make. Build a business and your community. Food trucks. Dog, bike, and family friendly! I suggest you head down earlier rather than later. By 2:30 vendors are beginning to close up shop.