This is a pack weekend for good events around town so let’s just dive right in:
- Urban Chestnut’s Octoberfest – The 6th Annual Urban Chestnut Brewing Company Octoberfest is this weekend and it’ll be bigger, longer and feature more guest breweries. Perennial Artisan Ales, Civil Life Brewing Company, 2nd Shift Brewing, and Schlafly Beer will join the party as UCBC fills nearly two full city blocks with German food, music, and, of course, bier! Entry is free at Oktoberfest St. Louis. Get your authentic 1-liter glass stein for $8 at either UCBC location prior to the festival ($10 day of) and 1-liter fills during the festival for $8. Admission is free to this CASH ONLY event. (Friday 9/23: 12pm – 11pm, Saturday 9/24: 11am – 11pm, Sunday 9/25: 12pm – 7pm)
- Murmuration Festival – In nature, a murmuration is a flock of starlings that produces intricate patterns during flight. The Murmuration Festival explores the intersection of art, music, science, and tech. Located throughout the Cortex Innovation Community, the event brings together artists, musicians, innovators, scientists, and entrepreneurs to engage the public and share their work via conversations, talks, panel discussions, and musical performances. Some elements of the festival require tickets, such as the music and thought series, and others elements are completely free to attend. These free areas include the Maker Expo, STL Innovation Showcase, Art@Murmuration, Eats@Murmuration, and the family-friendly Future Innovators Zone.
- Strange Folk Festival 2016: Belle Epoque – Saturday, September 24th and Sunday, September 25th from 10am-6pm in Lafayette Square, St. Louis. Strange Folk Festival has been St. Louis’s most popular indie craft show for over 10 years featuring 200 curated makers from all over the country, 10 live bands, whimsical installations, and DIY activities. This year’s theme is “Belle Epoque,” French for “Beautiful Era.” It’s meant to be a positive jolt for the city of St. Louis and a fresh artistic direction that Autumn and the production team will be exploring.
- Q in The Lou – top BBQ chefs from around the country are packing up their grills and smokers and bringing a taste of their hometown to one of the most celebrated barbecue cities in the world: St. Louis, Missouri. Featuring nine of America’s legendary pitmasters, Q in the Lou is a celebration of great barbecue, with cooking tutorials, a BBQ innovations expo, great live music, and of course, the best barbecue in America. Entry is free – BBQ, beer and more will be available for purchase. Cans, bottles, and coolers will NOT be allowed inside the festival.
- St. Louis Swap Meet’s next Cherokee Street Marketplace – takes place from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at the corner of Cherokee Street and Lemp Ave. Buy cool stuff; sell the things you make. Build a business and your community. Grab lunch from the food trucks. Dog, bike, and family friendly.