Here’s my picks for the top 5 things to do in Saint Louis this week:
- Join St. Louis Public Radio for a Debate-Watching Party in the Public Media Commons in Grand Center as Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton square off in the first of three Presidential debates. Bring your favorite outdoor chair and watch the debate on the two-story outdoor screen. Pi Pizzeria Food Truck and Cash Bar from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Presidential Debate begins at 8:00 p.m.
- SLAM Underground: Homegrown with Sleepy Kitty – DANCE to the stylish beats spun by DJ Jillian, SIP on a drink at their cash bar, PICK your way through the galleries on an STL scavenger hunt, MAKE a pan flute with the Sheldon Concert Hall and Art Galleries, ENJOY pop-up performances by the St. Louis Classical Guitar Society, FLEX your artistic muscles with an art project by Art Unleashed, Inc.
SAVOR local talent in a St. Louis Arts Experience Showcase: Stray Dog Theatre performing scenes from Rocky Horror, Gitana Productions presenting a taste of New World, St. Louis Classical Guitar Society quartet, GROOVE to a set by Sleepy Kitty Music. Free Admission.
- Beef and A Toast: Be A Young Change Maker – Come learn from Humans of St. Louis, St. Louis Strong, and OCA, St. Louis about the different roles that storytelling, entrepreneurship, and advocacy play in engaging and empowering communities. The panel discussion will lead into intimate group discussions for you to meet other young people from all backgrounds interested in making a difference. Let’s come together to not only discuss what we’re frustrated by, but also find in one another kindred spirits for change. Panelists: Lindy Drew, Co-founder & Storyteller of Humans of St. Louis, Jake Hollander, Founder of St. Louis Strong, and Caroline Fan, President of OCA Saint Louis Chapter – Asian Pacific American Advocates. Let’s discuss our beef with St. Louis and toast to being part of the solution. Free for all, but limited spots. This event is part of Full Circle‘s Beef and a Toast series.
- The Mowgli’s at the Ready Room with Colony House and Dreamers – The Ready Room presents The Mowgli’s w/ Colony House & Dreamers; Doors 7:00, Show 7:30
- Maplewood Summer Concert Series with Griffin and the Gargoyles – Not ready for summer to end? Then catch the last of the Maplewood Summer Concert series when Griffin and the Gargoyles play in Ryan Hummert Park from 6 to 8 p.m.
Also, it’s the last week of official home games so…get your Cards fix while you can. We’re totally gonna clinch that wild card spot though, right? right? *bites nails* Here’s hoping!