Here’s my picks for the weekend of Oct. 1 & 2nd:
- Grove Fest – St. Louis’ highly anticipated and outrageously eclectic street festival returns to celebrate its 11th year! Presented by the Grove Community Improvement District Grove Fest kicks off on Saturday, October 1st, 2pm – 11pm.
- In honor of the fun-loving North American river otters, the Zoo will host Ottertoberfest, a fall event featuring traditional German beer, live music, kids’ activities and more! Visitors can purchase beer, bratwurst and other German specialties. Otter-related games and activities for children will include an otter craft, an “Otter Says” game, a river otter biofact table, and more! The event runs from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Oct. 1st, 2nd, 8th, & 9th.
- Join the Science Center on Sundays in October for “Fall into Science,” a series of events featuring favorite fall foods. Enjoy beer and wine tastings, food demonstrations and sampling, as well as special treats available for purchase and fun activities for the whole family. Come to “Fall into Science” each week to see what happens on a farm during harvest. Highlights of Apple Fest include: Smashing Apples in Science Gone Splat | Hard Cider and Apple Wine Samples, 1-4pm | Apple Pie and Caramel Apple Bar Available, 11am-4pm | Apple Crisp Food Demonstration, 2pm
- Best of Missouri Market – More than 120 food producers and crafters offer baked goods, fresh and dried flowers, herbs, handcrafted items, baskets, wooden toys, custom jewelry and more. Enjoy live music and a kids’ corner with crafts and fall activities, too! Event takes place outdoors under tents, rain or shine at the Missouri Botanical Garden. Admission: $12 adults (ages 13 and up), $5 children (ages 3-12), $5 Garden members, Free for member children (ages 3-12). Live Music: The Dust Covers – Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Three of a Perfect Pair – Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Running Tour of Downtown St. Louis – Regularly scheduled non-competitive running tours on Saturday & Sundays at 8:00 a.m. (weekday tours scheduled as well). The 3.5 mile guided running tour taking you past, over, under & through some of the most important historic sites in the region. The tour costs about $25.